Sustainability is our everyday commitment
Reducing the impact on the environment
In recent years, various initiatives has been put in place to decrease the footprint of the manufacturing process.
- Installation of a co-generation plant to optimize consumption of fossil fuels and limit CO2 emissions
- Implementation of an Energy Savings Program to reduceTOE (tons of oil equivalent) and the carbon footprint of our activities
- Implementation of the Clean Energy Project through a solar photovoltaic system
- Reduction of water consumption thanks to the replacement of the cooling systems
- Installation of a solvent recovery unit to reduce VOC (Volatile Organic Substances) emissions
- ISO 14011 and SMETA 4 pillars certification
Offering innovative and sustainable packaging solutions
Recyclability, marine litter and the circular economy of flexible packaging, especially for single-use applications.
Reduction of the environmental impact of the packaging with respect to CO2 emissions.
Consumer safety, especially for children, with respect to products that are at risk of tempering on the shelf.
Design easily recyclable packaging
- Monomaterial laminates and pouches, ready for recycling
Give a second life to our caps
- BrickCap®:a collectable cap that can be used as a building block
- SpinCap: a cap that works both as a spinning top and a playing dice
Weight reduction of the materials used without compromising the performance
- Aluminum-free high-barrier laminates and pouches
- Redesigning of caps and laminates with limited environmental impact
Use of materials from renewable sources
- High-barrier paper pouches
- Compostable laminates for dry applications
- Bio-based caps, laminates and high-barrier pouches
Health and safety
- BabyCap®: the large size of the cap prevents accidental swallowing by our small consumers.
- WavyCap has the same safety characteristics as BabyCap® but with a different design for on shelf differentiation.
- The NEW BabyCap+ is the most innovative solution in terms of product safety. In fact, its innovative mechanism immediately highlights a previous opening.
In Italy, Gualapack is involved in the social and environmental sector through SociAL Foundation.
The SociAL Foundation, established on the initiative of the companies of the Guala Familiy, intends to invest part of the proceeds of the group to support initiatives to promote cultural and social assistance.
Main Principles Of The Foundation:
- Justice and social equality
- Democratic participation
- Liberty and security of persons
- Trust and solidarity between generations
Rest Of The World
The production sites in the rest of the world promote local initiatives, managing them independently.
- educational projects
- financial support to healthcare facilities
- support for humanitarian organizations
- assistance for people struck by natural catastrophes